Italy, often called Il Belpaese, or the beautiful country, has more charm than you could shake a stick at. Revered around the world for its history, food, and culture — Italy is truly a wonderful place to pass a summer.
So what do we love about Italy?
- The FOOD! Real, authentic Italian food, it just doesn’t get any betterthan that. Living with home stay families affords a great opportunity to pick up a few tricks of the trade as well.
- Ancient Rome – Bocca della Verita, Forum Boarium, Colosseum, Theatre of Marcellus, Capitoline Hill and historical cathedrals… and that’s just to name a few!
- Shopping in Porta Portese – There’s no better way to blend in with the Italians by picking up on the trends and styles.
- Siena’s Palio Festival – Horse races and pageants that attract visitors from around the world. No one knows how to festival like the Italians.
- Um, did we mention the food?!
But enough about us, why do SPI students love Italy?
- “The school in Siena was wonderful! The classes really challened my language skills and the teachers were so friendly and helpful. They really made learning the language and culture fun!”
- “Getting the chance to travel to Italy is a once in a lifetime opportunity and this trip made every penny worth it. I loved experiencing a new life and a different culture. This program helped prepare me for college and opened me up to studying different langauges.”
- “Italy really opened my mind to lots of new ideas and people. I realized people all around the world are so different yet so similar. It was a great experience.”
But don’t take our word for it, find out for yourself!